Spellzone is an RPG where the player controls a team of heroes who explore Tulneau Island. While this game uses a standard turn-based battle system, some tactical approaches may be required in order to defeat enemies.
Most in-game action takes place in the forest areas of Tulneau island, but you will also travel through deep underground passages, mines, rural areas, and cities*.
* The cities and rural areas were not available in the initial release (Version 1.0). They were added in Version 1.1.
Tulneau Island is a land where people travel to with the goal of becoming rich and famous; signing up to various guilds and forming them is a common custom for such ideals. One of such people was Acretia, a very skilled and cold-hearted sorceress, who signed up for a guild managed by Tehrin. She wished to attain greatness beyond human comprehension from doing so.
Tehrin allied with other top-rated guild leaders. They sent her to complete one of the most difficult missions no one has ever completed... However, many years passed since that day without Acretia returning to the guild's headquarters.
Years after that, a highly-praised sorceress, Arvena, noticed a very violent mana flow disturbance; almost every magician on the island is losing their powers and lives from it. Tallanar, the protagonist, however, is unaffected...
He was called to Tehrin's office to discuss the matter. Tehrin asked him to investigate the issue and help save people from death. Tallanar agrees to take this job, but in return asked for the release of his friend, Telthos, from prison. Both heroes travel through the land of Tulneau searching for the person responsible for such mayhem...
Some necessary technical information:
- This game has an auto-saving feature; it will autosave the game every 2 minutes.
- When you close the game, you can continue the session from the point where you quit. It may be a little buggy, but still works.
- HP, MP, and TP regenerate on a real-time basis!
- Every offensive skill has a 3% probability to instantly kill the enemy. (However, it does not work with both bosses and demi-bosses.)
- If you think that the experience points received per battle are too low, then try to do more exploring; there are treasure chests on the map containing experience points!
- This game is still in the phase of development, so it is likely not all of the things would work or function as intended. I hope to learn what needs to be fixed through replies here and feedback.
- Save files from the demo versions will be compatible with future updates and the full-version release.
NOTE: The original writing above was written by Soulrender, but then completely rewritten and cleaned up by Kiyasu Oka (kiyasu) of www.kiyasugreen.com. The story-related information on this page is according to the developer's decision; not mine. Whether or not there are story details that "should not" be on a game page, is up to the developer.
Description updated on January 16th, 2022 (Sunday) by kiyasu on both this page and the game's rpgmaker.net page.
Please also consider:
Join discord / Subscribe Youtube Channel / Donate via PayPal