Star Catcher - Is a story about a middle-aged wizard, the schizophrenic Tallanar, who was asked to find a thief who stole some very specific magic and alchemic items to create the ultimate sorcerer.
During this adventure wich is located on fictional island Enreve (north-east side of bermuda triangle) you'll meet several characters and employ them in your the team, such as a pyromancer, a cryomancer, a warrior, a shaman*, a cleric and others.
This playable demo provides approx 1h - 2h of gameplay where you can check out
all the finished systems and upcoming features. This demo contains:
- 720p resolution (There were no point in making a game in 1080p resolution)
- Gamepad support
- Khas Lightning effects
- PIXI.js special effects
- Fully upgradeable weapons **
- Improved skill learn system and skill damage (check in battle how they works)
- Modified Critical Hit system (Critical damage value raises with hero's level)
- Modified TP values (Max limit raises with hero's level)
- 30 Save Game Slots (Slot #30 is reserved for checkpoints and Autosaves)
- Party support points
* - Shaman is not available in demo
** - full version will allow to upgrade any element of equpiment.
During this demo you will experience personal dramas of heroes, black humour and romance - in further development states, traps, riddles to solve,point and click mechanics, custom actions on objects, two difficulty levels, custom meelee attacks for heroes, skill system designed from absolute begining, tactical points replaced with degeneration points wich are required to cast more powerfull spells and fun part, how skills are learned with gaining heroes levels and so:
level 1 - primary skill - one target
level 2 - secondary skill - all targets, charges concentration points
level 3 - super skill - all targets, consumes concentration points and party support points.
level 6 - Divine skill - all targets, consumes concentration points and party support
level 8 - Instant Kill ability, usable only 5 times during whole gameplay.
points, may become devastating on certain types of enemies.
(For more info please look at readme.pdf file included in demo).
But what kind of game would be if heroes wouldn't have some passive abilities, also for them please take a look into pdf file included in demo. This game is still under strict development, so if you are interested in this projects future, please follow me at itch.io for updates and devlogs.
Special Thanks for my friend DimosAdonis with some help with synopsis.
Following issues that where not yet fixed:
- No Bitmap in shop window :(
Star Catcher First run user manual:
#1 - Download game
#2 - Install in your desired directory (default C:\Soulrender\Star Catcher Demo)
#3 - Run game with launcher.exe*
* Warning! This game was tested only on 3 PCs with installed Windows 7 64bit. If you have installed Windows 10 and game won't run, try to set play.exe with compability mode with Windows 7 64bit.